Call for papers - The Status of Academic Freedom - EPLab International Conference in Political Theory
A conferência é organizada pelo IFILNOVA/EPLab e acontece na Unversidade Nova de Lisboa entre 10 e 11 de Setembro.
Sumissões: até 31 de Maio de 2019.
- Should we defend academic freedom?
- Can academic freedom survive in societies with different worldwide identity groups?
- What are the dangers of legitimising the censorship of controversial topics?
- Should the mission of the university be to produce knowledge regardless of its social impact?
- Are there ethical limits on academic research and communication?
- Is ideological pluralism important for attaining robust academic knowledge coming out of competing claims?
- How to distinguish the protection of academic freedom from the protection of academics’ non- scholarly opinions?
- Regarding legitimation, is there a difference between censorship via peer pressure and formalised institutional censorship?