CICS.NOVA’s researchers are distributed by Research Groups. Each group has a coordinator. The Research Groups are functional units formed by researchers that work on problematics and take methodological approaches converging to common thematic fields. Each member is part of a single Research Group.
There are six Research Groups, dealing with the main scientific concerns of CICS.NOVA:
1. Social Inequalities and Public Action
2. Citizenship, Work and Technology
3. Cities, Environment and Regional Development
4. Modelling and Planning Systems
5. Health, Population and Well-being
6. Education, Knowledge and Culture
The Research Groups contain Research Teams. Each team addresses strategic scientific topics. These teams are dynamic and can change over the course of time.